Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Lunch Break

We had an unseasonably warm stretch here in SE Ohio over the last 7-10 days which melted the ice on the local public ponds I like to fish.  I made a trip several days back and caught many sunfish on my glass 3wt.  With cold weather on the immediate horizon, and ice looming, I took my lunch break today at the pond.  It was likely my last outing on flat water for at least several weeks, given the temperatures coming our way.  It was cold, it was windy, and it was worth it to get a few more bends in the rod while I still could.


2 comments:

  1. My kind of lunch.... My ponds are all iced over, though! Thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are back to ice here. It was 11 with a wind chill of 4 degrees this morning when I got up!

    ReplyDelete